I saw this particular tag on Emer @alittlehazebookblog last week and thought it would be exciting one to do! I thank Emer for this interesting blog activity.
- Thank the person who nominated you
- Answer all the questions down below
- Pingback to the creator: Ellyn @Allonsythornraxx
- Nominate 5+ bloggers you’d like to know more about to do this tag
1. WHY DID YOU START BLOGGING AND WHY HAVE YOU KEPT BLOGGING?
I am very new to blogging and started it in March, 2020. I have been thinking about doing this since long but the idea of creating a blog site was really difficult for me, or so I used to think. But one fine day I sat with my laptop and got it done in mere 3 hours! Yes, it was quite quick for me since I am no computer geek.
Since then I have been continuing to blog and write an article each week. I am loving the idea of reading other blogs, penning down my thoughts on everything that I want to talk about. It gives vent to my feelings and my ideas about things I believe in. Moreover, blogging has taught me the essential things about technology and computers and I am quite thrilled to learn newer things each day.
2. WHAT IS YOUR FAVOURITE TYPE OF BLOG POST TO WRITE?
I started this blog to write about life in general with topics ranging from, travel, culture, literature, women, motherhood etc. But since I am a book nerd by heart, I have recently been giving more time to reading books. So my upcoming posts would be more on book reviews and literature in particular.
I also love writing about my travels since I do that very often.
3. WHAT ARE YOUR TOP THREE FAVOURITE BLOG POSTS?
Umm?? Since there are not many posts on my blog yet, but still I can name a couple of my favorite ones.
One of my favorite post is about my recent trip to Jaipur when I visited The Rambagh Palace. It was a fun day-one day trip and we celebrated my hubby’s birthday there. So yeah, I love going back to and watching the pictures that we clicked there.
Another one is, where I penned down my thoughts on meeting my favorite author, story teller, Ruskin Bond, when I visited Mussoorie. It was nothing less than a dream come true!
And the third one is not specifically any one of my remaining posts, but, all those posts which inspire me and interest me when I read them. The blogging community is making me learn things more than I could learn from books!
4. WHAT ARE SOME OF YOUR FAVOURITE THINGS TO DO TO RELAX?
Relaxing is a hypothetical term now in lockdown, as I have been managing a lot on my own besides my 4 year old girl who keeps me on my heels. But yes there are quite a few things for which I squeeze in some hours of the day.
I love reading, reading and a lot of it. Novels are my favorite, especially detective and crime fiction.
I love painting. I have been coloring since a few days now.
I am also trying my hands at cooking ‘at next level’ ! lol! yeah, because there is more to cooking here in India besides the normal everyday meals.
I also love writing short stories (secretly)!! 😉
5. WHAT ARE THREE OF YOUR FAVOURITE THINGS?
Reading Agatha Christie
Reading post colonial literature
6. WHAT ARE YOUR PROUDEST BLOGGING MOMENTS?
It was when within a single day of publishing my post I received 187 views on it! It was really a proud moment for me since till then I wasn’t quite active on other social media platforms and didn’t know much about promoting my posts.
I also felt nice when I hit a 100 followers on my website. It was like going beyond the ‘friends and family’ subscribers list.
7. WHAT ARE YOUR HOBBIES OUTSIDE OF BLOGGING?
- Playing with my daughter
- Watching Historical/period dramas on Netflix (I have binged watched The Outlander, Mary Queen of Scots, The Crown, Vikings etc.)
8. DESCRIBE YOUR PERSONALITY IN THREE WORDS
9. WHAT ARE YOUR TOP THREE PET PEEVES?
- Scattered and messy house
- People smoking near me
- Noisy and loud-mouthed people
10. WHAT’S SOMETHING YOUR FOLLOWERS DON’T KNOW ABOUT YOU?
Either I used to google things to learn about them or ask friends to help me with stuff! And here I am, learning the skill of blogging and coming back to it again and again and not giving up!
And that is it for this tag!
If you would like to do this for yourself then consider yourself tagged and please pingback to this post so I can read and compare your answers.